Monday, March 02, 2009

A LOOK INTO OUR FUTURE

I learned a VERY important lesson today. DON'T CHECK FOR CHINA ADOPTION RUMORS MINUTES BEFORE YOU'RE ABOUT TO TAKE YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL. I'm an idiot. Picture this........Ian is off brushing his teeth as I glance at the clock. Hmmmm, I'm thinking. I'll just check RQ really fast while I finish off the last of my coffee. It was about that time that ALL HEDOUBLEHOCKEYSTICKS BROKE LOOSE! Report in the forum: The Spanish site says the cut off is March 10th! WHAAA?!!!! That's ME!!!! I comment that I'm going to puke. Then....Tears come. Ian walks out the bathroom and asks what's wrong. I say through the tears...."They say the cut off is the TENTH (hey, he knows what that means!) and that means we will see Ava's picture TODAY! He gets tears in his eyes.

I then frantically search for Pug Mama's phone number. I can't find it ANYWHERE. I'm crying, I'm searching and then I call my husband. I then tell the girls at work that it's happening TODAY! Hey, the Spanish RQ has been dead on with her information as of late. I'm still crying. Jeff gets on the phone and I'm telling him it's today, I can't find Pug Mama's number and I need to call Ian's school to tell them he won't be going today. Jeff tells Alicia to call Ian's school and tell them he won't be in today (his mother's hands are shaking to badly to dial the phone). Marcia at the office leaves to go get her video camera so we have two available for when the call comes in. The plan was to receive the call at the office.

I keep reading RQ waiting for something to break. Sewhopeful (we've been together on RQ since the early days) emails me her phone number because I can't find that one EITHER!! I call her. Could this really be happening?!! This isn't even a rumor....Spanish RQ says it's the cut off date!! We're confused by it, but we still have hope. I need to call my agency. Are they open? What the heck time is it in Texas????

Pug Mama emails me her number. She can't find mine either. We thought we were so prepared by exchanging numbers a month or so ago. I call her and get her voicemail. She finally calls back. She isn't buying it. She is off to her mother's so her mom can translate the Spanish site. She will keep us posted.

Reports of people doubting the truth to the Spanish rumor are surfacing.

I call my agency. My referral counselor answers the phone! I realize in seconds that she knows nothing of referrals being sent. They're expecting no packages today. It's looking like it's not happening.

I call Jeff. He still has hope. I tell him it won't be happening today. Is there still hope for tomorrow? I'm VERY doubtful.

Pug Mama's mother translates the Spanish site. In the comment section families are saying that a mistake has been made. The cut off is March 6. Ugh!

Our agency emails that a package isn't on the way and they still don't know anything.

Referrals are arriving in the U.S. The first one arrives in Virginia with a LID of March 6th. My agency isn't expecting a package. Cut off HAS to be the 6th.

False alarm.

The darn thing is that I was FINE with not being in this batch. More than okay with it. I'm now heading back to that happy place as I wait the next 4-8 weeks until it REALLY is our referral day! In the meantime, Ian got a day off school. He isn't complaining and I don't think he thinks his mother is nuts! Well, maybe a little! =) I've collected phone numbers again and will put them in a safe place. I just hope that when it REALLY is our turn....I will be MUCH more calm than I was this morning! At least we had a dry run! When it DOES happen.....It's going to be one AMAZING day! The strange part is that I had a dream last night that the Spanish RQ said we made it in this batch. I almost checked her site at 3 AM, but rolled over instead and went back to sleep. What a day it has been! =)

12 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

DAMN THOSE Braxton Hicks!!!!!
Man.
Good thing we were prepared, right?
NOT!
I stored your number in my phone. I am ready for next month!
It is funny because this is the first time my mother was so involved in it all - she now "gets it" and understands how it works.
She said she is ready for her new translating gig for next month's rumors!!!
btw, VERY weird about your dream last night.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Your dreams scare me...

I think we shouldn't use them as a guideline... remember the David dream???

6:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

So sorry for the false alarm. What a wonderful surprise that would have been.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Oh man, what a ride this must have been! Sorry your hopes were dashed this year.

Funny what Pug Mama said... Braxton Hicks!

Adoption counselor??? Man does my agency SUCK! I called today to see if they have any packages in the mail. They were clueless and asked when my LID was. "MARCH 7th maybe this month but NEXT"... they are like WHAT? Makes me want this whole wait done even more.

There is a Spanish RQ??? I can't even seem to get into the March 2006 chat room. How do you know these things?

Hope you are next with me.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I'm right there with you!!! I cannot access RQ at work so one of my travel buddies texts me this morning with March 10 cut off and I just about had a heart attack!!! But knowing I am next is the next best thing!!!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Sounds like a crazy roller coaster kind of day. I saw you had commented on that rumor thread right away. I was thinking... does she have that computer on RQ 24-7? LOL! I guess I would too if I were as close as you. Damn... who am I kidding? I have it on a lot too waiting for news for my 7th & 8th girls.... which is how I saw the rumor thread in the first place. :)

7:00 AM  
Blogger kc said...

whoa . . . you made my blood pressure go up just hearing your stress level -- I am sorry that you are not seeing a picture yet, but the weeks are flying by, aren't they?

think of it as a "drill" -- now you are ready -- for that very special day!

9:52 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Can't believe you fell for that one...psych!

10:33 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

It was exciting wasn't it? Next month is gonna be good!

Keep smilin!

10:03 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Good grief!!! I would've definitely puked!!!

... I did think it sounded very odd? What the heck is the SRQ thinking... getting everyone all worked up like that?!!!

...bet Ian was glad he got a day off school?!

5:22 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Oh girl, the Rumor Queen will get ya every time. Hang in there! You are so close.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Gonna be a more than amazing day-very soon! Waiting with you! =)

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..