Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THIS IS OUR SON, UMMMM DAVID

I don't know if I've posted here on my blog or just in private emails that I've only had a couple dreams about our China adoption. One would think (wouldn't one?) that with as much time that I think about Ava and about China......I would dream about her? Yes, one would think, but nope.....Not so. Well, the night before last I had a dream that we received our referral and in my dream I received my child!.....Not sure if I was in China.....That part wasn't very clear. The rest of it WAS quite clear. First, we did NOT receive a referral for a girl......She was a he. We did NOT receive a baby (as young as possible)......We received a 4-5 year old boy. Although he had the most beautiful almond shaped eyes and I believe he was Chinese......He already spoke perfect English. He also made it VERY clear that he didn't like me....Not one bit. I was trying my hardest to win him over, but it didn't go very well. One issue that he and I had was that he wanted to be called by his Chinese name.....DAVID......And I was doing everything in my power to convince him to take ANY other boys name.....Just NOT David. Now, if I offended anyone named David or with a husband, son, brother, uncle, grandfather or second cousin named David....Let me explain. My EX-husband was named David (Dave) and it's just not one of my favorite names because of that....In fact it sorta makes my skin crawl. ;) With that in mind, you may understand (or maybe you won't! ;) why I was trying to list off different boys for him to pick from, but he wanted no part of any of them. His name was David....End of story. I WAS going to let him have his way in the end, but I wasn't very happy about it. I'm just happy that I haven't seen many, err I mean ANY referrals with boys having a Chinese name of David. ;) That's a relief!

EDITED TO SAY.......I wouldn't mind (after the inital shock wore off...Since everything I've bought is PINK!!!!!!) if we did receive a referral for a boy. I just don't want his name to be David.

12 Comments:

Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Well, if you were going special needs then I'd tell you that's exactly what's available right now. Pretty much all boys that age.

But the only people I have heard of getting boys are people who checked that they would accept either a boy or girl in the very beginning.

So...I think you are safe :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

What a crazy dream!

Keep smilin!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Funny dream! I is amazing what comes out of our subconscious while we sleep. Thankfully it was only a dream and you will be getting a girl named Ava, as young as possible, all decked out in PINK!!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

If we receive a referral for a boy, well ummm....I wouldn't be very thrilled to say the least. Wonder why? But, I have dreams of a 3-4 year old girl. I think the longer the wait has gone, the older she has gotten in my dreams.

9:56 AM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Well, you might remember Pipo having dreams of being referred an ITALIAN boy! And the CCAA still came through with sweet Claire :O) I think you'll be okay!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Are you sure you aren't getting Connie's kid? ;)

I hear ya on the name association, BIG TIME. No way I could call my kid by my ex's name because then he'd constantly be called "a-hole"... ROFLMAO!

2:28 PM  
Blogger kc said...

Maybe all those practical jokes of yours are catching up with you . . . HMMMM --

4:16 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Sounds like one very familiar dream, mama.

Hmmm....my guy spoke Italian though.

I think your guy's name should be Paco! Just because (it's not David).

9:30 PM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Aww, isn't it funny how you have those dreams? I had them too, it's just your brain's way of releasing some steam!

I hate it when someone ruins a perfectly good name for the rest of folks named that name!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I wonder what these boy dreams "really" mean? Very interesting!! I could handle a boy. It would be the age that would throw me! :o)

Hopefully we'll see soon!! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

3:52 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

You're not the only one, dreaming of "older boys"! At least your son spoke english!!! PIPOs spoke Italian!!!!

Ahhh... it all makes me laugh. You will get a sweet baby girl, and her name will be Ava. Don't worry.

Todd had me convinced we would have a son... it wasn't meant to be, and I'm "overjoyed" with our beautiful baby girl.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Madge said...

I was cracking up when I read about your dream. I think David is a fine name. You could nickname him "Davy Gravy". Kinda has a ring to it!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..